[linux-lvm] Re: RH8 install - LVM sizing problem

grenoml grenoml at yahoo.com
Sat Dec 21 10:33:02 UTC 2002

  I checked the /var/log/boot.log and vgscan was working fine during
bootup so I thought about it for a second and realized that these
commands must require being run as 'root'.  So I did a 'su -' and tried
both commands and they worked fine.  I didn't see any mention of this
in the man pages and the errors that were thrown were rather cryptic.
My preference is that commands requiring certain user or authority
should either work completely or not work at all and provide the user
with a good hint as to why.

Regards,
Gerry Reno