[linux-lvm] snapshot problem on ext3

Kent Tsai kenttsai at iei.com.tw
Mon Dec 30 00:05:08 UTC 2002

Hi All,
I have one snapshot problem on ext3 filesystem.
I use RedHat 8.0, and I use lvm tools to create one snapshot.
Then I use lvextend to extend the snapshot volume, I can no longer mount it
My steps are as below:
1. First I create a volume group called test, and create a volume called vol
2. I use lvcreate to create snapshot
    lvcreate -s -l 50 -n snap1 /dev/test/vol
3. mount snapshot
    mount /dev/test/snap1 /mnt/snap1
4. umount snapshot
    umount /dev/test/snap1
5. use lvextend to extend the snapshot size
    lvextend -l +10 /dev/test/snap1
6. mount snapshot again
    mount /dev/test/snap1 /mnt/snap1
But error occur...the error message is:
mount: block device /dev/test/snap1 is write-protected, mounting read-only
mount: wrong fs type, bad option, bad superblock on /dev/test/snap1,
           or too many mounted file systems

Regards,
Kent