Re: [evms-devel] [linux-lvm] [ANNOUNCE] LVM reimplementation ready for beta testing

> As I'm trying to envision it, the EVMS runtime would become a "volume
> recognition" framework (see tanget below). Every current EVMS plugin would

Volume recognition is definitely a user space area. There are a huge array
of things you want to do in some environments that you cannot do from
kernel space

Simple example: We have mount by label, imagine trying to extend that in
kernel space to automatically do LDAP queries to find a remote handle to
the volume and NFS mount it. It's easy in user space.

Alan