Re: [linux-lvm] LVM1 & XFS

On Feb 03, 2002  15:07 +1000, Adrian Head wrote:
> There still seems to be problems as I can run the tests by hand successfully
> but as soon as I put the commands in a script I get Oopses.

Well, running the oops through ksymoops and posting it would be a good
start to figuring out where the problems are.

> The question I would like to ask any LVM gurus is why would there be a
> difference between running the tests by hand and running them in a script?

Timing issues.  Maybe it isaccessing memory that has been freed already.
Maybe it isn't getting a lock on some stuct and if you do it slowly, the
operation has a chance to complete before another one deletes the struct.
Who knows, the ksymoops output will hopefully point us where to look.

Cheers, Andreas
Andreas Dilger