Re: [linux-lvm] Directory becomes sticky socket?

On Tue, Feb 05, 2002 at 11:07:59AM +0100, Heinz J . Mauelshagen wrote:
> Chad, check for processes having the socket open, stop them and retry.
> An optional "chmod o-t /usr/share/doc/libldap2" may be necessary.

I should have done that first, I suppose.  I did end up shutting down to
single user mode, unmounting the logical volume, and using debugfs to
clear the inode (which still reported the file as being a socket).  This
actually happend to one other file, and a third was a corrupted symbolic
link of some kind.  Regardless, with these three files cleared,
fsck.ext3 happily cleared dtime's and reset inode sizes until I had a
working system again.  Thanks to all who sent me suggestions.

--
Chad Walstrom <chewie wookimus net>                 | a.k.a. ^chewie
Get my public key, ICQ#, etc. $(mailx -s 'get info' chewie wookimus net)