[linux-lvm] File Corruption on LVM LV's in same VG

Erik Zweers zweers at execulink.com
Thu Feb 7 11:43:01 UTC 2002

There are no error messages on the console.  This box does do a fair
amount of work and has no other issues.  The box has a second VG
consisting of SCSI drives.  If there were memory problems I would expect
this VG to contain errors too.

I did a MD5sum on the physical device twice and it returned the same sum
(while doing this on a file in a filesystem under LVM returns different
values each time).

Are there any good indepth tools that could analyze the structure of the
volume?  Everything I've seen sofar seems to just offer a summary.  The
box still has not been rebooted as I want to understand the problem
first.  I'm looking at using LVM for a production server and need to
find out whats wrong to go ahead with that project.