[linux-lvm] Re: Oops unmounting snapshot of xfs filesystem

Adrian Head ahead at bigpond.net.au
Fri Feb 8 18:44:02 UTC 2002

> Kernel 2.4.16 with 12/14/01 xfs CVS.
There has been heaps of work with respect to XFS and LVM since December last
year; therefore, I recommend that you try the current 2.4.17-xfs CVS.  If you
don't like CVS kernels then use the split patches for 2.4.17-xfs (these
however, won't have all the latest bug fixes).

I am running 2.4.17-xfs (CVS) with LVM-1.0.2 with the xfs_fs_freeze patch and
I'm not seening your exact problem.  However, there is a bug at the moment
that doesn't flush all inodes to disk on a freeze so the snapshot is not
consistant.  The SGI guys are working on this at the moment.

PS.  I think the xfs_fs_freeze patch is actually in the CVS now.

--
Adrian Head

(Public Key available on request.)