Re: [linux-lvm] lvm cannot vgchange -a y _pv_get_number failed for rdev = 65535

Well, this means that your copy on write exception table got toasted :-(

Check out top of LVM CVS at www.sistina.com (follow guidelines for CVS access
provided there) which contains a "-r" (or --remove_snapshots) option for
vgscan. That option removes *all* snapshots of all or a particular VG
at VG activation time so that vgchange can activate VGs afterwards.

For eg. "vgscan -r vg00" would try to activate all VGs and
remove all snapshots in the VG named "vg00".