Re: [linux-lvm] LVM available on software raid5 (md)

ALN> I was messing with SUSE 7.3 and in their LVM control
ALN> panel, it only seemed to suport linear or striping.

LVM itself can do striping or concatenation of PVs, but Linux has a
complete software RAID system and it will do RAID5 just fine.  Build a
RAID array and run pvcreate on it.  The Software-RAID-HOWTO has some
useful info on building the array.

 - J<