[linux-lvm] To compile

Hello all,

I've compiled lvm-1.0.3 using stow.
But a lib is missed

./configure --prefix=/usr/local/stow/lvm
make
make install

cd /usr/local/stow
stow -vv lvm

When I want to start with lvm, here is my problem :
pvcreate /dev/sdb
pvcreate: error in loading shared libraries: liblvm-10.so.1: cannot open

I don't really understand, liblvm is in /usr/local/lib as a link pointing to
/usr/local/stow/lvm/lib .

Is it impossible to compile lvm and use stow ?

I'm sorry, maybe it's a newbie question.

Thanks

Pierrick