[linux-lvm] mapping blocks to PVs?

Andres Salomon dilinger at mp3revolution.net
Sat Feb 23 15:45:02 UTC 2002

I've got a LV that keeps corrupting, made up of several IDE disks.  I've
already discovered one of the drives to be flaking out, after various
read tests on the device gave BadCRC/IRQ timeout errors.  Read tests on
the other drives succeeded; however, I'm still getting stuff like:

journal_bmap: journal block not found at offset 7180 on lvm(58,0)

and

/dev/site/lvol1: recovering journal
JFS: bad block at offset 7182

How can I figure out which PV is holding block 7180 and 7182?

--
"I think a lot of the basis of the open source movement comes from
  procrastinating students..."