[linux-lvm] Problems mounting LVM volume as root

Hi All,

I have gotten LVM to work on my linux 2.4.17 kernel system. I am having a problem mounting my LVM volume as root. I followed all the instructions in the LVM howto that explains how to add an LVM root. I successfully created a root LVM volume formated it and copied the original root to the volume. I then ran the lvmcreate_initrd script. It created the .gz initrd file in the /boot directory. Made all the appropriate changes to lilo.conf and ran /sbin/lilo. My problem is when the kernel comes up insmod says it can't fine /lib/modules/2.4.17lvm/net/unix.o module. I think it's because the root file system isn't being mounted at that point but I am not sure. Does anyone have any ideas. I am running the 2.4.17 kernel with LVM support and the new LVM version 1.0.3. Are there any know problems with this configuration? Thanks.

Felix Rodriguez
Programmer Analyst
Phone: 860-685-3984
Email: frodriguez mail wesleyan edu