Re: [linux-lvm] snapshots of busy ext2 file system corrupt

On Feb 26, 2002  14:32 -0800, Marc MERLIN wrote:
> On Tue, Feb 26, 2002 at 02:27:31PM -0700, Andreas Dilger wrote:
> > Well, in many cases, data=ordered is actually faster than data=writeback
> > because you get all of your journal I/O finished before you start writing
> > to the FS.  In some cases (e.g. mail spool, NFS) it is faster to have
> > data=journal for the same reason (because sync I/O is very fast when it
> > is written to the journal).
>
> I had heard about data=journal on mail spools, but does anyone have a
> pointer with more performance comparisons between all 3?

There was some discussion about it on one of (linux-kernel, ext3-users,
ext2-devel), but since I read all of them, I don't know which one for
sure.

I found:

http://bruce-guenter.dyndns.org/benchmarking/
http://www-106.ibm.com/developerworks/linux/library/l-fs8.html?dwzone=linux