[linux-lvm] "invalid i/o-protocol version" with e2fsadm (1.0.3) and 2.4.18

Andreas Dilger adilger at turbolabs.com
Wed Feb 27 11:22:02 UTC 2002

On Feb 27, 2002  13:18 +0100, Markus Schaub wrote:
> I always get an "i/o protocol version" error when trying to resize a
> lv witch e2fsadm (statically linked, from lvm-1.0.3 with kernel
> 2.4.18).

You probably have two copies of e2fsadm in your path.  Try something
like 'which e2fsadm' or 'whereis e2fsadm'.  The other possibility is
that your static liblvm.a is the wrong one.

> Some time ago I got the same error with e2fsadm 1.0.1-rc4 on
> 2.4.13-ac7. In this case e2fsadm resized the filesystem but could not
> resize the lv. Resizing the lv with lvreduce (same version) worked.

The I/O protocol version has not changed since LVM 0.8, so you must
have a bad program.

Cheers, Andreas
--
Andreas Dilger