Re: [linux-lvm] pvcreate problem

dd if=/dev/zero of=/dev/md0 bs=10k count=1000, should zero out the first 10 of the device. With one set of the tools I have, you have to do -ff according to the error message.

Kirby

Colin Coe wrote:

Hi all, when I try and 'pvcreate /dev/md0' I get the error: "pvcreate --
device '/dev/md0' has a partition table".  I have tried using the -f and
--force options without success.

/dev/md0 used to have an XFS partition on it.

Any ideas?

CC

Bunnings Legal Disclaimer:

1) This document is confidential and may contain legally privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient you must not read, copy, distribute or act in reliance on it.
If you have received this document in error, please telephone
us immediately on (08) 9365-1555.

2)	All e-mails sent to and sent from Bunnings Building Supplies are
	scanned for content. Any material deemed to contain inappropriate
	subject matter will be reported to the e-mail administrator of
	all parties concerned.