[linux-lvm] summary of what I need to do to mount snapshot on XFS

I've seen a lot of posts that people do have this working.  I was hoping
someone could give a good summary for the steps involved.  The goal is
being able to mount the snapshots volume while the live filesystem is
mounted.  I see bits and pieces of the answer in various posts, so could
someone break it down for me in a single mail?

Thanks
-jeremy