Re: [linux-lvm] ERROR "pv_read(): PV identifier invalid" readingphysical volumes

Never mind. A little more perseverance and I learned that it was my IDE
cdrw drive. I needed to add "append="ide-scsi"" to the relevant
/etc/lilo.conf stanza and then add ide-scsi to /etc/modules so that it
loads at boot.

Shouldn't LVM check against such devices being present and then skip
over them though?

Matt