[linux-lvm] Re: Unable to get XFS, ext3, reiserfs & LVM to coexist happily

Eric Sandeen sandeen at sgi.com
Wed Jan 9 16:40:01 UTC 2002

On Wed, 2002-01-09 at 16:23, Eric Sandeen wrote:

> I tested snapshot creation & overflow with ext2, ext3, reiser, and xfs.
> I have not looked closely enough to see why xfs breaks w/o this patch,
> and why it works with it, but... give it a shot.

Ah, ok.  Steve pointed out that in the stock LVM version,

unsigned long blocks[KIO_MAX_SECTORS];

plops 4k down on the stack; xfs's stack must be a bit bigger than other
filesystems, and it overflows... that's why xfs was failing with that
code, and other filesystems survived.

-Eric

sandeen at sgi.com   SGI, Inc.