[linux-lvm] removing a pv from an lv formatted xfs

Ken Savich ken at daydream.net
Sun Jan 13 14:08:02 UTC 2002

I did do an xfs_growfs to the fs, unfortunately.

Can I ask you, if I do add another disk, is it okay for me to add
one that is not the same size, but big enough to deal with any data
that may be on the bad disk? If so, what happens to the fs when I remove
the bad disk and the lv is no longer as large as it was?

If I can just pvmove everything from the bad disk to one of the
existing pv's, and remove it thereafter, would this work as well?

I guess this all boils down to how does xfs deal with being shrunken,
even if there is still plenty of free space.

on Sun, 13 Jan 2002, Theo Van Dinter digitally scribbled: