[linux-lvm] extending a logical volume

Pierrick PONS ppons at cvf.fr
Mon Jan 21 12:10:01 UTC 2002

I've read the extending logical volume section and I can't believe this.
According to the doc, it would be impossible to extend a logical volume
without unmounting it first.
I'm using a ext3 (with a 2.4.17 kernel) filesystem and I'd like to extend my
logical volume without unmounting it first. This would be used on a production
server, so I can't unmount any logical volume.

I've seen that a ext2online patch does exist, maybe this fonctionnality is
still implemented in a newer kernel ?

Could you give me, if it exists, a method to extend the size without unmount
the logical volume ?

Thank's a lot.

Pierrick