[linux-lvm] vgchange -a y /dev/System fails

It fails and says:
parameter error setting up snapshot copy on write exception

So yes, I have  snapshots in there, but I can't delete  the snapshots if the
volume isn't active, and I can't activate the volume because of a snapshot.

To make things worse, /dev/System contains /usr and /var.

The snapshots were created with 1.0.1rc4 on 2.4.14 and I now run 2.4.17 with
1.0.1rc4-ish

What's the magic override I need to use to make the volume active again?

Thanks
Marc

Home page: http://marc.merlins.org/   |   Finger marc_f merlins org for PGP key