[linux-lvm] software RAID over LVM

Luca Berra bluca at comedia.it
Wed Jan 30 03:44:02 UTC 2002

Well, since the whole point of having LVM is ease of resizing logical volumes,
and resizing MD device is impossible or painful, i do not really understand
why should anyone want to do this.
If mirroring were to be implemented over lvm, it should be at the PE/LE level,
in the LVM driver itself, since this is not true (search archives for the reasoning
behind this) the only sensible chance is having LVM over MD.

Luca Berra -- bluca at comedia.it
        Communication Media & Services S.r.l.
 /"\
 \ /     ASCII RIBBON CAMPAIGN