[linux-lvm] Re: [ANNOUNCE] LVM reimplementation ready for beta testing

Also, does/where does this fit in with EVMS?

It doesn't :). They're essentially competing implementations that offer similar functionality. I've been running the EVMS stuff for a while now, and it's (a) been pretty darn solid, and (b) is completely compatible with LVM1 on disk.

The next release of EVMS should also allow you to replace the standard MD subsystem (RAID 0/1/5) with EVMS.

I think that, in general, competition is good. A stable, robust, and flexible logical volume implementation is a good thing, and we'll probably get there faster with two groups acting as inspirations for each other.

Cheers,

-- Lars