Re: [linux-lvm] Extending an LVM-Partition

On Sun, Jul 14 '02 at 21:05, Kai Weber wrote:
> Or I ask for an "you can just add the PV hda2 and it does not matter, if
> there is another PV on this disk" advice.
It's ok to do this (I do this all the time with my regular setups:
install the system to a mini ext2 partition, make the rest LVM, move
system to LVM, add former ext2 partition to LVM. As the installers
nowadays support LVM this is nolonger needed, but when I started LVM
no installer knew it).
It is only a bad idea when you want to try striping (for, I hope,
obviouse reasons)
--
Goetz Bock       (c) 2002 as     blacknet.de - Munich - Germany   /"\
IT Consultant    GNU FDL 1.1    secure mobile Linux everNETting   \ /