[linux-lvm] Installing Slackware 8.1 on LVM

Matt Rickard mjr318 at psu.edu
Fri Jul 19 14:56:01 UTC 2002

I'm having trouble coming up with a way to directly install Slackware
8.1 on LVM. I already have the logical volumes from my old installation
(Gentoo) on this machine, and now I just need to figure out how to get these
volumes mounted for the install.
I have found plenty of information on how to convert a currently running
system to LVM, but I haven't found anything on how to install a base system
onto LVM. I have a 100 meg partition (/dev/hda6) set aside for the root
partition, with the other 10 gigs or so on LVM.
Any ideas on how I can get these partitions recognized so I can do the
install?

Thanks.