[linux-lvm] How to install lvm in Redhat 7.1

Hello lvm'rs,
I am new to Linux and i want install lvm on my OS release 2.4.2-2.I was trying to do it with the .rpms available on Susi, but i am stuck after the make dep and make modules procedures.can someone suggest me whether that tar will allow me to install lvm on my redhat release 7.1 or i would need a different tar file for that??
I am in very urgent need to work out the installation and will be glad if someone could come up with some complete detailed solution.

Shuvodeep
Senior Programmer
eMend Technolgies Pvt. Ltd.
Kolkata, India.