[linux-lvm] How well tested is the snapshot feature?

Stephan Austermuehle au at hcsd.de
Fri Jun 7 04:56:01 UTC 2002

On Fri, Jun 07, 2002 at 10:44:30AM +0100, Joe Thornber wrote:

> Curious, as far as I know people are using LVM1 snapshots
> successfully with xfs.

To be pretty correct: I used the VFS lock patch from LVM 1.1-rc2 with
LVM 1.0.4 because this doesn't give any rejects. But I had the problem
with previous LVM versions with it's own VFS lock patch, too.

At the moment I have two systems that cause trouble: One SuSE 7.0
based which is running about 2,5 years and one freshly installed
Debian Woody system. Both have different hardware, compiler, libc,
etc. Seems to be Kernel/LVM/XFS related.

Stephan