Re: [linux-lvm] RAID & LVM

Quoting Info - Demerson <demerson zaffari com br>:

> Hullo, All...
>
> I know it seems to be a very old question, but I can't find in the
> previous
> messages, the answer for that..

you create your raid devices, and then treat them as regular partitons from
which you want to create VG's and LV's, with the difference that you don't need
to change ( i think you cann't) their partition id to lvm ( 8e / 0x8e)

shortly :
mkraid /dev/md0 /dev/md1 /dev/md2 ...
pvcreate /dev/md0 /dev/md1 /dev/md2 ...
vgcreate  myVG /dev/md0 /dev/md1 /dev/md2 ...

> Is it possible to use RAID and LVM together?
no problems, a lot of people do use it
> If positive, is there a
> HOW-TO
> telling something about it?