Re: [linux-lvm] problem running vgscan..Is it a megaraid issue oran LVM issue ??

Heinz J . Mauelshagen wrote:
Christian,

are the Megaraid devices all accessable (driver module loaded/linked in)
when vgscan runs on reboot?

Yes I can boot the machine up without running vgscan and everything is OK..So it's not a showstopper but it bugs me because it's not always been like that..Could it be the way the PVs are made ?? That one is /dev/sdb1 and the other /dev/sdc ?? So one is actually on a partition taking up the entire disk and the other is directly on the disk without partition ?? Hope that made sense..hehe..It could maybe explain things as our data is now taking up more thatn just the one PV..

best regards

Christian
--
Christian Ejstrup, IT Admin / RF Development Engineer
Texas Instruments A/S, Denmark ,Sofiendalsvej 93,DK-9200 Aalborg SV,Denmark