[linux-lvm] problem running vgscan..Is it a megaraid issue or an LVM issue ??

christian e cej at ti.com
Thu Jun 27 06:20:02 UTC 2002

Heinz J . Mauelshagen wrote:
> Christian,
>
> are the Megaraid devices all accessable (driver module loaded/linked in)
> when vgscan runs on reboot?

Yes I can boot the machine up without running vgscan and everything is
OK..So it's not a showstopper but it bugs me because it's not always
been like that..Could it be the way the PVs are made ?? That one is
/dev/sdb1 and the other /dev/sdc ?? So one is actually on a partition
taking up the entire disk and the other is directly on the disk without
partition ?? Hope that made sense..hehe..It could maybe explain things
as our data is now taking up more thatn just the one PV..

best regards

Christian
--
Christian Ejstrup, IT Admin / RF Development Engineer
Texas Instruments A/S, Denmark ,Sofiendalsvej 93,DK-9200 Aalborg SV,Denmark