[linux-lvm] RAID1/LVM lost my volume group

Hi, I have 4 drives set up as 2 RAID1s with a striped LVM across them.

After rebooting a few times vgscan and vgchange have stopped finding my volume group.
The pv* tools confirm that the physical volumes are still intact. Everytime I try to call
vgcfgrestore or really any vg tool, they segfault if I specify the group.

I have been using 2.4.19-pre1-ac1, 2.4.19-pre2-ac2 on a glibc 2.2.4 system with lvm 1.03.
The filesystem is (was) ext3. Is there any way to get this recovered? Why could it have happened?

If I do have to start from zero, is there a recommended RAID 10-like configuration for LVM I can use? My goal is to have 10 reliability and snapshots for backup.

Thanks,
Chris Hamilton