[linux-lvm] LVM System

Theo Van Dinter felicity at kluge.net
Mon Mar 4 21:21:01 UTC 2002

On Mon, Mar 04, 2002 at 05:39:09PM -0500, Anthony W. Marino wrote:
> I don't understand.  Are you saying the all the software I need is contained
> within my kernel or do I still need to get a driver from 3Ware?
> I'm running SuSE Mantel 2.4.18 which the changes text states it has
> 2.4.19-pre1 as well as XFS.

When I installed the SGI 1.0.2 kernel on my machine (2.4.9), it already
had the latest (1.02.00.008) 3w-xxxx module in place.  I doubt the SGI
folks added it, so I'm assuming it's a standard module in the 2.4.x
series kernels.

If you want the "manager" software (which really just lets you see
status/configuration), that's a seperate piece you can download.

--
Randomly Generated Tagline:
There's often more than one correct thing.