Re: [linux-lvm] System Suggestions

<petro auctionwatch com> wrote:

>   We have 10 of the 3ware cards, and while the drive is GPLd and in
>   the kernel, we have not been satisfied with the stability of the
>   system

A 3ware 7850 here  (8 drive hw RAID5) performed erratically
until I got their latest .016 driver, which seems to be in
the 2.4.18 kernel too.  The earlier .010 driver in 2.4.<=17
would sometimes get into a low-performance (~15MB/sec) mode,
but the .016 driver has been doing very well.  3ware tech support
have been very responsive too.  Based on a few weeks' experience,
I'd recommend them.

   Stuart Levy, slevy ncsa uiuc edu