Re: re[2]: [linux-lvm] System Suggestions

> Don't use raid5. I always use a combination of raid 1 and 10 for a
> database server. If you have a database that frequently updates records
> you don't want the extra write overhead.

Yeah, what he said.  However it is sometimes possible to get decent
performance anyways from a hardware RAID5 device if the controller has
enough cache (ie. a LOT).  Generally speaking the Oracle "suggested
layouts" for disks consist of 17-22 spindles, mirrored, with logical
splits among the write-ahead log, the data area, and the redo log...

Boy do I ever Not Miss working with Oracle.

--
     "To be suspended from the legal profession is the moral equivalent of
      being ostracized by child molesters."