Re: [linux-lvm] vgscan errors

OK, now I have another problem. I got vgscan to run fine now off of my boot CD, but now the system fails the vgscan on boot (/ is an LVM) with an 'ERROR 28 writing volume group backup file /etc/...'

I'm assuming this is because the initrd created by lvmcreate_initrd is not big enough to accomodate the metadata backup. What size is this generally (lvmcreate_initrd says it calculates this automatically) and to what size should I set this manually to get this to work? How much space do I need for the backups during vgscan?

Thanks.

Kelly Corbin wrote:

Doh! I didn't get what you were saying in your first reply. I'm sure that's it. It's running in an init. ramdisk image and there's very little actual space. Generally speaking, how big do those backups get?

Thanks for your help.