[linux-lvm] serial console and initrd

Hello,

I could use a little help on this one.  I just built an initrd (via
lvmcreate_initrc) so that I could boot w/ my root fs in LVM.  It worked
great except I lost my serial console.  It is as if the serial console
is lost due to the initrd.  Prior to using an init ramdisk, I was having
no issues with my serial console support from the kernel.

TIA,

John