Re: [linux-lvm] VG lost, VG restorable without lvmconf? Need help!

On Wednesday 27 March 2002 21:40, you wrote:
> ?
> I have no lvmconf etc. :-(
> Is it possible to recover the VG from the data of the PVs?
> ?
I had a similar problem.  There seems to be a problem with vgscan erasing the
conf sometimes. I tried hgetting an answer on this list, but maybe we can
push it together. Are your disks Maxtor ?
This is what I did to recover :
1. Installed backups of vgconf-files (vgcfgbackup/recover seems broken too)
2. Ran vgchange -a y
3. Disabled vgscan alltogether, as it wrecked everything always.

Keep us posted :-)
HTH
Dan