[linux-lvm] Can no longer mount lvm striped volume

Craig Tierney ctierney at hpti.com
Thu May 2 13:50:02 UTC 2002

As Homer would say 'Doh!'.

I am still having some other problems, but this error
was fixed by mounting the logical volume and not the
volume group.

Wrong:  mount -t ext3 /dev/sdd_vol2 /export/sdd_vol2
Correct: mount -t ext3 /dev/sdd_vol2/lv1 /export/sdd_vol2

I was still having problems with the scan message, but
after I fixed that I didn't run the mounting scripts I
mounted by hand and messed up.

Craig

Craig Tierney (ctierney at hpti.com)