[linux-lvm] has anyone used LVM in a HA cluster?

Goetz Bock bock at blacknet.de
Thu May 9 14:46:02 UTC 2002

On Thu, May 09 '02 at 14:35, Chad Walstrom wrote:
> I believe Sistina's GFS project might be more to your liking. IIRC, it's
> a clustered, journaling filesystem designed explicitly for your setup.
> It's a bonus that it is also GPL.  Check it out at:
It was GPL, it no longer is. There is an old version (4.1.1), but the
latest one is commercially only.
OTOH there is openGFS (www.openGFS.org) what continues the GPLed
version.

Than again, if you've money, it might be a nice way to thank sistina for
what they did, by using the commerciall version (you'd get support, too).

Cu,
    Goetz.