Re: [linux-lvm] has anyone used LVM in a HA cluster?

On Mon, May 13, 2002 at 11:16:50AM +0200, Michael Lausch wrote:
> And make sure the daemons are running in the real time scheduler class.
> There exists a state, commomly refered to as "split brain", where the
> nodes of a cluster "think" the other one is down, which is not the fact.
you are very right!
I believe the best solution would be having a lock manager
that uses the shared storage to provide a lock.
Another option is to have an external node which funcions
as an arbitrator. (i.e. the external quorum found in HP MC/SG
for Linux)
Last option, which as i rekon is the only one that can be implemented
with heartbeat atm is having one node effectively kill the other one,
by turning off the power. But it would make me very nervous.

L.

--
Luca Berra -- bluca comedia it
        Communication Media & Services S.r.l.