Re: [linux-lvm] offtopic but ...

> > read the LVM HOW-TO at http://www.sistina.com/lvm/Pages/howto.html
> > and remember: RAID is no substitute for backups

Sounds good to me... when I contacted Sistina about commercial support
for LVM, Mr. Heinz seemed genuinely surprised that I took proper
backups.  "But that's my job!"  Perhaps that's why I have such a job...

My father had his laptop stolen recently and the hard drive that was
supposed to have been ordered for its docking station, was line-item
vetoed by a member of the IT staff at his hospital.  Needless to say,
said IT guy is now looking for work, and I would not hire him :-)

Incremental backups are orthogonal to true high availability, but you're
guaranteed to have low availability if you have no disaster recovery
plans.  I wish there were a more succinct way to express that!

--
    "The most valuable piece of equipment in the darkroom
     is the trash can."