[linux-lvm] New stable dm patches for 2.4.19

Joe Thornber joe at fib011235813.fsnet.co.uk
Thu Nov 21 04:11:02 UTC 2002

New stable device-mapper patches for 2.4.19 are available:

http://people.sistina.com/~thornber/patches/2.4-stable/

Changes
-------

Revision 1:
  2.5 backport

Revision 2:
  The locking when leaving __request was broken.

  Split off __deferring()

Revision 3:
  s->table wasn't being set in the snapshot contructor

Revision 4:
  I don't know why dm-ioctl.c was including <linux/compatmac.h>
  rather than <asm/uaccess.h>

Revision 5:
  Four constants:
     DM_DIR,
     DM_MAX_TYPE_NAME,
     DM_NAME_LEN,
     DM_UUID_LEN

  Were being declared in device-mapper.h, these are all specific to
  the ioctl interface, so they've been moved to dm-ioctl.h.  Nobody
  in userland should ever include <linux/device-mapper.h> so remove
  ifdef __KERNEL guards.

Revision 6:
  No need to validate the parameters if we are doing a
  REMOVE_ALL command.

Revision 7:
  Fluff

Revision 8:
  Mempool version by Christoph Hellwig that holds the free objects
  in an array rather than a list.  This prevents the objects getting
  dirtied, eg, people maybe expecting them to come out of a slab with
  a particular state.

Revision 9:
  Return -ENOTBLK if lookup_device() finds the inode, but it
  is not a block device. [Cristoph Hellwig]

Revision 10:
  get_kdev() was locking _minor_lock rather than
  &_minor_lock. [Heinz Mauelshagen]