Re: [linux-lvm] problem with vgcreate

-- "Robert L. Harris" <Robert L Harris rdlg net>

I'm trying to create a LVM for a system.  I partitioned my drives,
rebooted and do my pvcreates but then it blows up on vgcreate.  The
drives are both 18Gig, I've duplicated the partitions so they're
identicle size even though they're going to be concats, not stripes.

Here's a screen dump just made a bit readable.

root performance:/root# pvcreate /dev/sda2
pvcreate -- physical volume "/dev/sda2" successfully created

root performance:/root# pvcreate /dev/sdb2
pvcreate -- physical volume "/dev/sda2" successfully created

root performance:/root# pvscan -v
pvscan -- reading all physical volumes (this may take a while...)
pvscan -- walking through all physical volumes found
pvscan -- no valid physical volumes found

performanc:/root# vgcreate -v lvm-vg1
/dev/scsi/host0/bus0/target0/lun0/part2
/dev/scsi/host0/bus0/target1/lun0/part2 vgcreate -- checking volume group

Any reason you use the devfs paths for the vgcreate and devfsd for the pvcreate's?

-- Steven Lembark 2930 W. Palmer Workhorse Computing Chicago, IL 60647 +1 800 762 1582