Re: [linux-lvm] problem with vgcreate

I'm trying to create a LVM for a system.  I partitioned my drives,
rebooted and do my pvcreates but then it blows up on vgcreate.  The
drives are both 18Gig, I've duplicated the partitions so they're
identicle size even though they're going to be concats, not stripes.

Here's a screen dump just made a bit readable.

root performance:/root# pvcreate /dev/sda2
pvcreate -- physical volume "/dev/sda2" successfully created

root performance:/root# pvcreate /dev/sdb2
pvcreate -- physical volume "/dev/sda2" successfully created

Sure of that ??? ^^^^

Just for the fun of it, if the physical volumes are still unusable (this will wipe them out if you are using them:

	for file in /dev/sd[ab]2
	do
		dd if=/dev/null of=$file bs=1b count=1;

pvcreate --force --verbose $file;

		pvdisplay $file;
	done

If you prefer to use devfs -- I do -- then replace
/dev/sd[ab]2 with /dev/scsi/hostX/target[01]/lun0/part2.

                                           +1 800 762 1582