Re: [linux-lvm] Hardware/Software comparaison of RAID with LVM onLinux

I think you will find software RAID 5 to be a poor performer and would recommend raid 1 instead. This gives you more integrity at the cost of some storage. But hey, storage is cheap and data loss is expensive anyway :)

-steve

Jean Aumont wrote:

Hi,

I have been reading the Linux-LVM archives lately to find information on RAID and LVM versus performance.
I am interested in the report comparaison of software and hardware raid with LVM on Linux that you created.
Can you send me a copy of this report (.pdf if possible) ?
I am planning of creatind a raid 5 with 4 x 80Gb disks.

Thanks

Jean Aumont

Jaumont mediagrif com
JeanAumont videotron ca