[linux-lvm] dm patches for 2.5.50

Joe Thornber joe at fib011235813.fsnet.co.uk
Thu Nov 28 06:05:02 UTC 2002

Latest dm patches for 2.5.50 are available here:

http://people.sistina.com/~thornber/patches/2.5-stable/2.5.50/

- Joe

Revision 1:
  Four constants:
     DM_DIR,
     DM_MAX_TYPE_NAME,
     DM_NAME_LEN,
     DM_UUID_LEN

  Were being declared in device-mapper.h, these are all specific to
  the ioctl interface, so they've been moved to dm-ioctl.h.  Nobody
  in userland should ever include <linux/device-mapper.h> so remove
  ifdef __KERNEL guards.

Revision 2:
  Joe,

  I believe Steve and I found a bug in dm-table.c. The function open_dev()
  has the wrong check after the call to blkdev_get(). Thus, if the
  blkdev_get() call succeeds, bd_claim() is never called. Futhermore, if
  blkdev_get() fails (for instance, if you try to create a target to a
  non-existent device), bd_claim() will fail, and blkdev_put() may segfault.

  --
  Kevin Corry
  corryk at us.ibm.com
  http://evms.sourceforge.net/

Revision 3:
  Return -ENOTBLK if lookup_device() finds the inode, but it
  is not a block device. [Cristoph Hellwig]

Revision 4:
  No need to validate the parameters if we are doing a
  REMOVE_ALL command.

Revision 5:
  check_device_area was comparing the bytes with sectors.
  [Stefan Lauterbach]