[linux-lvm] LVM 1.0.5 MDK 2.4.19 ReiserFS or Ext3 Lockup

Berrie Bloem berrie at homemedianetworks.com
Thu Oct 17 16:43:01 UTC 2002

Hello,

I've installed Mandrake 9.0 on an older machine (P200) with several
smaller IDE HD's to make a volume group. var and home are mounted on the
vg and whether I use ReiserFS or Ext3, under heavy IO (copying the
Mandrake ISO's onto home) after a little while the whole system locks up.

I've patched the original 2.4.19 kernel with LVM 1.0.5, done a full
rebuild of kernel, modules and LVM programs, but still the lockup remains.

Where have I gone wrong?

BB