[linux-lvm] vgscan cant find my vg

Hello!

Thanks for your help.
A missing Modul is not my problem.
I do not have a scsi only Kernel and both, Mandrake inst. kernel and my normal
Kernel are standard Mandrake Kernels with all Moduls.
Vgscan still fails to find my vg01
Can someone please tell me how i can safe my data?
thx

Hi Rene,

I had such a situation some time ago, too.
I had 2 scsi disks and a scsi-only kernel, with ide just as a loadable
module. I added an ide disk to the running vg and all was ok until I
rebooted. When booting up, my system lacked the ide-module so the hole
vg was not recognized by the kernel.
Then I had two possibilities: compiling a new kernel with the ide-disk
compiled into, or building a new initrd with the ide-module. Now the
system is up perfectly well.