Re: [linux-lvm] Disk crash , LVM and ext2... (bis)

Heinz J . Mauelshagen wrote:
We don't support zeroing of the data in the error case so far and do return
an io error to the application. Later we plan to as an option.

So today you get a read error if the block is not available and the data
is not zeroed in memory. No need to (ab)use LV_BMAP.

If your application needs to distinguish those cases anyways, you would want
to stay with 'io error returned'.

Ok it works as I expected.
The error was coming from the fact that _I_ zeroed the partition to let the LVM utilties think that the PV isn't here. So the data returned was effectively coming from the partition.
Instead I delete the partition, reboot and retest.

Thanks for taking time to answer.

-=( manu )=-