Re: [linux-lvm] lvm on linux RAID5?

Anders,

That should work. I run LVM on top of one raid5 device but I don't see why it wouldn't work over 4 of them.

For example run pvcreate on /dev/sda, then /dev/sdb, etc..

What kind of machine did you manage to get 4 RAID5 arrays into?

Anders Henriksson wrote:

Hej,

I have tried scanning the list archive and re-read the documentation but
still....

I want to run lvm over four linux raid5 devices, can I just treat the
raid devices as discs? i.e. run pvcreate on them directly and go on from
there.

I am running a linux 7.3 server almost out of the box.

/Anders