[linux-lvm] problem with lvm on root-fs

Stefan Weigel sw at global-linxs.de
Wed Oct 16 11:22:44 UTC 2002

Hi!
I'm trying to get lvm on my root-fs working. But there's is an kernel-panic
error. Some details:

- system with Mylex RAID-controller (DAC960). It's included in the initrd.

- root-partition is /dev/rd/c0d0p1

I used the HowTo from sistina.com, copied the files from /dev/rd/c0d0p1 to
/dev/sysvg/rootlv, edited the /etc/fstab pointing to the new partition
/dev/sysvg/rootlv.
I made a reboot and everything worked fine. But in /etc/lilo.conf there's the
entry root=/dev/rd/c0d0p1. I changed this entry to /dev/sysvg/rootlv. Then I
run lilo. After another reboot I got the kernel panic.
The initrd is IMO working. But when I change the "root=" entry in
/etc/lilo.conf a kernel panic occurs.
Can anybody help me ??

Best regards

Stefan Weigel